Sunday, January 16, 2011

IDENTITY 1-1-1 January 16, 2011 (Week 2- WORSHIP)

Keys to the Abundant Life

Loving God

First Free Will Baptist Church, Church Hill, TN
January 16th, 2011

“I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10b


“You are worthy , O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.” Revelation 4:11 (NKJV)

"… love the LORD your God… This is the first and great commandment.”  Matthew 22:37-38 (NKJV)


My first priority in life is to WORSHIP GOD.

"So brothers and sisters, since God has shown us great mercy, I beg you to offer your lives as a living sacrifice to him. Your offering must be only to God and pleasing to him, which is the spiritual way for you to worship."  Romans 12:1 (NCV)

1. Worship is MY RESPONSE to God’s love.

2. Worship is GIVING BACK to God.

“And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” Mark 12: 30 (NKJV)

God wants me to love Him PASSIONATELY with my heart and soul.


I worship by EXPRESSING MY AFFECTION to God.


“We love Him, because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19 (NKJV)

“I want faithful love more than I want animal sacrifices. I want people to know me more than I want burnt offerings.” Hosea 6:6 (NCV)

"(for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God)” Exodus 34:14 (NKJV)


God wants me to love Him THOUGHTFULLY with my mind.

I worship by FOCUSING MY ATTENTION on God.

"Lord, you have examined me and know all about me. You know when I sit down and when I get up. You know my thoughts before I think them. You know where I go and where I lie down. You know everything I do."  Psalm 139:1-3 (NCV)

"When people’s thinking is controlled by the sinful self, they are against God…"  Romans 8:7a (NCV)

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."   Romans 12:2 (NKJV)

“Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face evermore!”  Psalm 105:4 (NKJV)

“You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You."     Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV)


God wants me to love Him PRACTICALLY with my strength.

I worship by USING MY ABILITIES for God.


“And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,”  Colossians 3:23 (NKJV)

"So brothers and sisters, since God has shown us great mercy, I beg you to offer your lives as a living sacrifice to him. Your offering must be only to God and pleasing to him, which is the spiritual way for you to worship."   Romans 12:1 (NCV)

“Our only goal is to please God...” 2 Corinthians 5:9 (NCV)





No comments:

Post a Comment