Sunday, January 9, 2011

IDENTITY 1-1-1 January 9, 2011 (Week 1)



Living the Life God Intends

The Identity1-1-1 plan

First Free Will Baptist Church – Church Hill, TN

January 9th, 2011


1. Does my life really matter? Why Do I exist?

“Then I said, ‘I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain;” Isaiah 49:4a (NKJV)

“Thus says the Lord who made you and formed you from the womb, who will help you:” Isaiah 44:2 (NKJV)

“you saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old.” Psalm 139:16 (NCV)

"But the Lord’s plans will stand forever; his ideas will last from now on." Psalm 33:11 (NCV)

“And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Genesis 2:7 (KJV)



According to God: I was created to be loved by God (Ephesians 1:4)


According to God: I was made to last forever


“For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.” 2 Corinthians 5:1 (NKJV)


2. What is the life that God intends for me?

Jesus said “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10b (NKJV)

What does the “Abundant” life mean to you?

________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________



3. How can I know my purpose?

“Remember how short my life is. Why did you create us? For nothing?” Psalm 89:47 (NCV)

"…And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Proverbs 9:10b (NKJV)

“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” John 17:3 (NKJV)


According to God: I find my purpose by getting to know God


“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:2 (NKJV)


Step 1: It begins with the mind


4. What does God say about my purpose?

“Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 22:37-39 (NKJV)

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you:” Matthew 28:19-20 (NKJV)


The 5 Purposes of my life:

o Worship  - Demonstrate and grow my love for God

o Serve  - Demonstrate my love for others

o Belong - Connect with God’s family in a meaningful way

o Grow - Become like Christ

o Share - Reach others in my world


The Identity 1-1-1 plan will help each of us get started:

Commit to 1 Corporate Worship per week

Commit to 1 Area of active service

Commit to 1 Small Group / Sunday School Bible Study per week





No comments:

Post a Comment